May 20, 2007

The Week That Was

We held a wedding shower last Saturday for John and my soon-to-be sister-in-law Vicky. A personally constructed version of the Newlywed Game was a fun addition. The picture is of Vicky and all of my blood sisters.This Thursday I was back at my high school for my sister Mary Beth's graduation. I was reminded once again just how much alike my siblings and I look.











.
We left at 5:30 Friday morning to pick up my sister and head to Springfield, MO for graduation number two. My brother John actually graduated last year and was working toward a masters this year, but decided to walk since he didn't get to last year. There were just over 700 graduates in the two hour ceremony. Some of us used the time we spent waiting to catch up on a little sleep.











.
My sister Christie's pinning ceremony was at 3:00 after which we went immediately to our spot on the bleachers for her graduation ceremony which began at 5:00. She was easy to spot in the crowd with her pink and green tennis shoes.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
There is a whole week now between this past week of events and the next--my brother's wedding next Sunday!
My community here had their own graduation ceremony and graduation party to attend. We went last evening to a community pot-luck and are headed this afternoon to a birthday party for one of our sisters. Paula called from Arizona and is enjoying the time with her family. She has been gone three weeks now and it has been a little quiet here without her. It will be good to see her next weekend.
For now, off to practice piano and get in as much time outside as I can. Until next week...
--Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I love the shoes! Great family events.....keep the celebration going. Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Sarah, I just heard all about you this week at a wonderful retreat, and the best news about your joining CSJ. I am in the midst of moving to Mexico.... to teach Spanish in Puerto Vallarta. More to follow, I would love to hear from you. S. Suzanne has my address or actually here it is morepower7@hotmail.com tu profesora de espaƱol en Fontbonne. Maureen Marugan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to view your blog and see all that is happening. Family times are so fun. Glad you got to work with Kate for a few days.
    Enjoy all the adventures coming your way.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments