March 25, 2010

Where Did Lent Go?

Babies, flowers, Jubilee, stations...the week that was! Heavens it was a crazy, busy, wonderful one. I am amazed at how I welcome the school week. I am also amazed by the fact that Easter is soon to be upon us. Where did Lent go?

As I sit here I am distracted by the almost too strong scent of the flowers here on our living room table. The season has turned here, I would say notably in the rain, but it has rained so much here since last fall, I don't think that would be a good indicator. I went out for a quick run this afternoon between engagements and got caught in a downpour. I was right at the midway point in my run when the big, black, rain cloud rolled in. It is a surefire way to make the last half of a work out faster than the first.

The week here has really been one of Paschal Mystery and grace. I have decided that the greatest prayer is, "God, I can't--help!" Always something to learn, always room to be opened and emptied, knowing that always I am filled.

Marianne Keena, our vocation director, e-mailed me this morning asking me to include a link on the blog here. So, after trying a few times to copy and paste, I am giving up. Really, truly, I do know how to copy and paste, so I'm not sure why I can't get it. So, if you are interested try the Catholic Religious Vocation Network Vision Newsletter.

Okay, time has again gotten away from me. This feast of the Annunciation, may the fiats of our lives be true.

Lenten peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments