March 10, 2009

A Night Off

Ahhh...relish the moment...it is not even six yet...I have finished track practice with my team, showered, eaten, and have the whole evening ahead with nothing planned that requires that I put on shoes. I very much appreciated the workshop I attended last week and all of my after school activities, but there is also something necessary in a night off every so often. The weather here was gorgeous today, nearly 80, although it is turning colder again tomorrow. The Bradford Pears are in full (smelly) bloom and most of the daffodils survived to tell of the snow. Spring Break is next week marking the beginning of the end of the school year. From here on out I will mostly be doing lots of testing at school, which is not exactly what I went to four years of college to do, but I'm sure I'll find a way to enjoy whatever it brings.

A few pictures...

Winter Jam concert in Tupelo with some youth from Church. The concert was more than sold out. If we had arrived five or ten minutes later we wouldn't have gotten in. Tony Hawk, New Song...ear plugs...

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, dear Sarah Jane! It was so nice to chat a bit last night with both you and Kate. I just had to alert you to the Home Improvement show!

    This day is so beautiful. As I worked all day yesterday and will tomorrow, and am needed to work Friday morning, I have today off and I just returned from a long, restorative walk.

    I'm taking my "Mrs. Delaney's Irish Bread" to work tomorrow to share with others; will join Betty Ney and about 8 others in the evening for supper. Another bread will go with me.

    I haven't read your blog for a long time; however, I enjoy and appreciate our chats from time to time.

    Peace to your dear heart; glad to know that you will be heading this way tomorrow. Glad that both you and Kate will be here Saturday night.

    More later...in person!

    Love,

    Mary Patricia Quinn

    ReplyDelete

Comments