March 02, 2009

I Do Believe!

Two nights ago, the forecasters were predicting snow. Now, the last few times people talked about snow, there were indeed flurries, but nothing in the way of accumulation. So, as they prepared us again, I kept saying, "I'll believe it when I see it." Well, I am now a believer. Our poor little daffodils are not looking too hot any longer. It was a Sunday, so no snow day, but I'm sure the kids had a great time nonetheless.

I am currently at Lake Tiak O'Khata near Louisville, MS taking part in an acculturation workshop the that Diocese of Jackson offers for persons who are new to ministry here in MS. It's only part way through the second day, so I'll fill you in later. But, the surroundings are great, the speakers have been good, and it has been wonderful to connect with others transitioning to the area. I'm off now to a session on Hispanic culture in the diocese. More later.

--Sarah

2 comments:

  1. And I just blogged on Strawberries in February - hope the workshop went well
    Peace,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Archdiocese of St. Louis is holding a "Nun Run" March 14th, and I didn't see the CSJs on the list of those included (http://www.archstl.org/). Might want to forward this to the St. Louis vocations director.

    RSVPs accepted March 11th, might not be too late for the CSJs to get on board.

    ReplyDelete

Comments