March 22, 2007

Partied Out!

For those of you who live at the Motherhouse or were around this past week, you know what I mean when I say I am partied out. March 19th is the feast of St. Joseph and we sure celebrated this year!

Last Thursday, Alisha, a young woman Pat and I met in Louisiana came back for a second visit. We started with a St. Patrick's Day lunch. Friday began with a wonderful St. Joseph's Day mass with the students at St. Joseph's Academy. That afternoon we went to the City Museum. What a fun place! Three stories of playground. I haven't been in a ball pit since I was maybe twelve. After that, back to the motherhouse for a rousing (and slightly noisy) game of spoons. Saturday was Jubilee. There were around 400 guests here to celebrate with our sisters celebrating 50 years of religious life. Sunday I had friends over for lunch here in the house while the rest of the gang attended a peace rally downtown. Amy and her sisters sang as part of the program. In the evening we rented and watched the movie "Stranger Than Fiction." A little odd, but very good. (For those who have never heard of it, the main character hears a voice narrating his life. That is bizarre enough, but when the narrator mentions the character's impending doom, he decides he needs to look into this a little more seriously. The gist of the movie was actually used in the homily we heard at SJA Friday morning with a question as to who we let author our lives. So, watched with that perspective in mind, I would highly recommend the movie.) Monday was actually St. Joseph's Day, so after another Jubilee lunch, the novitiate community used a gift certificate we had to go to Fitz's for dinner and root beer floats. We ended the evening with a rousing game of Jeopardy that Alisha and I created. The sisters had to bang on pots to ring in with an answer. It was a mighty close game. Alisha left on Tuesday and, while it's been a bit quiet, I was able to get a nap in this afternoon. A fun, fun week. Great community celebrations. And now hopefully a couple of quieter days to follow.

Our ICN on Wednesday was on non-violence. It was interesting to dialogue about the creative power of non-violence and how we each determined the violence or non-violence of an action. It was great to see others' passions come alive and to consider for myself my own passions and actions therein.

Last night we as a novitiate community did a self-evaluation of the last eight months. It was a very positive experience with women living community in what has been for us a very full, committed way. I am finding it hard to believe that the year is two-thirds of the way over. How does that happen?!

For now, I am hoping that the weather is nice for my prayer day tomorrow so that I can get outside some. Either that or I would prefer a nice soaking rain all day. I could handle sitting and listening to the rain. It's this in between, on and off sprinkling stuff that I don't really like. No doubt God and I will find each other either way.

HAPPY ST. JOSEPH'S DAY!

--Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments